Education for all Dreams is a project formed within MYCRO programs to help salvage the educational challenge in all serving countries in Africa. We believe that if children, youth and women should attain their dreams and aspirations, Education must be paramount. Education is one of the major tools one should use to attain dreams for self-stainable life and society benefits.
Education though many global efforts by the United Nation, western nations, donor agencies and the business sector, there are still countless challenges facing its achievement. Many children and youth in Africa are yet to acquire education and some though privilege to access, still face enormous challenges. Many children and youth in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Ghana lacks the requisite educational materials and infrastructures that make their dreams achievable. Many go to school with their benches from home, teacher’s uses clay to write for the kids, no light, no access to information communication technology, no first-aid in schools, schools lacking safe training water for kids
Our five approaches are:
- Advocacy: We move together as a team and speak with one clear voice to advance government policies to be made in the right direction for youth and Children’s education.
- Student forum Initiative: establish MYCRO school clubs in schools and universities that serve as a playground for students to access information, communication and advocacy tools needed to raise alarm and concern for their peers who by no means can afford to acquire education. Their collective voices and recommendation plays a vital role.
- Scholarship: Our scholarship scheme is formed to give an equal opportunity to the less privilege children and youth, who, despite ambitious and academically excellent but find it difficult to attend school or University – Through support from our partners and fans of MYCRO, we provide their schools and University charges.
- Educational materials: Teaching Materials and student learning supports: – MYCRO strive at supporting most vulnerable slums schools with teaching resources teachers use to deliver instruction. These materials come in many shapes and sizes, but they all support student learning. The materials are important because they can significantly increase student achievement by supporting student learning. For example, a worksheet provides a student with important opportunities to practice a new skill gained in class. This process aids in the learning process by allowing the student to explore the knowledge independently as well as providing repetition. Learning materials, regardless of what kind, all have some function in student learning and this is what MYCRO strive to provide for the less privileged schools and students.
- Community Library Initiative – we believe that education is the greatest equalizer in the world, library and other educational opportunities are the foundation of a strong educational system. For many in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Kenya, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Ethiopia the gift of a library and other educational opportunities are truly a gift of hope. Access to quality education is one of the only opportunities young people have to end the circle of poverty and attain a better quality of life than previous generations. We provide Libraries to help children and youth who otherwise would not have access to educational materials because of their poor background to fully access MYCRO Community Library houses to freely benefit and to make them strive enjoyable and easier.